My particular interest in the human form and portrait, combined with nature and the effects of light on surfaces form the essence of my current paintings.
Red Chair Gallery presents local artist Jeanette Sellwood – Free Spirit Artist.
“I would like to invite you to attend my exhibition ‘A Moment In Time’ at the Red Chair Gallery, The Pier, Cairns”.
About the Artist…
Jeanette’s artistic endeavours have created a colourful and interesting journey for her over the past 25 years, and she has lived in several locations from Victoria to Queensland.
She has enjoyed painting in all mediums, and accepted invitations from art societies in Victoria and Queensland to demonstrate and tutor. For many years, she held her own art classes and private tuition in Victoria, the Gold Coast, Magnetic Island and Townsville.
A winner at many Rotary Art Shows, and other art competitions, Jeanette prefers to remember just a few such as;
- Invitation to demonstrate a pastel portrait and be published in The Australian Artist Magazine
- Published in the International Artist’s Magazine “Master Painters of the World” section with a pastel portrait
- Category Winner at the prestigious Camberwell Rotary Art Show with a pastel portrait
- Painting printed onto postcards for Gold Coast Tourism (result of painting award)
- Finalist and highly commended and featured on the AGRA (Australian Guild Of Realist Artists) website.
Jeanette’s paintings have been sold from galleries in Melbourne, the Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Magnetic Island, Cairns and Port Douglas over the years. Purchasers are from such places as New Zealand, London, Scotland, Japan, America and Australia. The subjects depicted in Jeanette’s paintings are taken from her own observations and photographic
references. Jeanette’s paintings of children often depict the background of our coastline in a subtle way. The focus then is on the study of the child, which is Jeanette’s intention.
This intention is aimed at recording a precious moment in time, where time stands still amid the business of life. “We”, the adult/parent/observer may then perhaps realize the many gifts that children bring to us in the form of their innocence and vulnerability, and complete ability to be “in the moment” with abandonment and happiness.
This exhibition runs from 20th April to 11th May 2018.