Our specialty is tours featuring an aboriginal perspective on the southern skies.
Night Sky Secrets have been conducting astronomy tours & presentations across northern Australia since 2009.
Tours are also conducted to coincide with special celestial events such as planetary conjunctions, Comets, Nova Stars and more. So come along on one of our unique tours and delve deep into the hidden mysteries of the Southern Sky. Our seasonal tours are run in Far North Qld from May until November each year & are naturally weather dependant. Available Tour Dates are from 3 days after the full moon to 3 days after the new moon to give an essentially moonless sky & the deep sky observing opportunities that brings.
- Aboriginal Astronomy Stories and Lore
- Revealing hidden Nebula, Galaxies, Star Clusters & Planets with large aperture telescopes & a guided tour.
- A meal shared at sunset.
- Viewing from our dark sky outback location, 1hr from Cairns City.
- Tours cater for the curious, through to the experienced Astronomer seeking to see the delights of our Australian skies.
- Tours depart from The Pier Cairns, At the Night Sky Secrets Shop, or pick up from your accommodation at around 5pm returning to Cairns by 10:30pm
Prices: Adults: $120 Children: $60 (6-15 y.o)
* Self drive, group and family concessions available – (all tours are weather dependant)
Call us or see us in store at The Pier Cairns 7 days a week.